BlueScope is committed to living the values expressed in Our Bond and detailed further in the Company's Guide to Business Conduct.
- Our Bond: a statement of commitment to four groups very important to us - our customers, people, shareholders and communities. The words in Our Bond reflect the characteristics of honesty and integrity that we value and aspire to live by. Our word is Our Bond.
- Guide to Business Conduct: sets the principles that govern how our people should behave when conducting business on BlueScope's behalf. Information on how to report suspected business misconduct is available here.
A range of policies and positions detail how we do business, our approach to managing sustainability risks and opportunities, and expectations of behaviour:
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy: safely performing duties free from the effects of alcohol or other drugs
- Anti-bribery & Corruption Policy: operating within the law wherever we do business
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy: having a workplace where differences are respected and valued
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: fostering an inclusive, fair and equitable work environment
- Fitness for Work Policy: sustaining our people and safe workplaces through a holistic approach to well-being
- Health, Safety, Environment & Community Policy: areas of responsibility integral to the way we do business
- Statement of Human Rights: respecting human rights in all of the countries where we operate. This statement sets out our human rights commitments to our people, our workplaces, our communities and our suppliers. It sits alongside Our Bond and the Guide to Business Conduct in ensuring BlueScope and its people operate with integrity and respect for our partners at all times. In particular, our partnerships with suppliers are crucial in managing the social, environmental and ethical risks inherent in our global supply chains.
- Industry Associations Position: our approach to engaging with and being a member of industry associations. BlueScope is an active member of various industry associations, which allows it to be better informed about public policy that has the potential to affect the Company, to share knowledge about policy, and contribute its views and experience
- Responsible Sourcing Supplier Standard: ensures we have sustainable sourcing practices that create, protect and grow long-term environment, social and economic value for all those involved in bringing BlueScope’s products and services to market
- Risk Management Policy: creating a culture that seeks to actively manage risk
- Social Media Policy: using social media channels lawfully and in line with our business conduct policies