Doing what's right
At BlueScope we aim to act fairly, ethically and with integrity, helping to create lasting benefits for our customers, people, shareholders and community. We expect this of our people and business partners, including our third party and agent representatives, suppliers and contractors.
The following foundational documents assist our people and business partners working with us to make ethical, well-judged decisions consistent with our values and expectations of business conduct:
- Our Bond: a statement of commitment to four groups very important to us - our customers, people, shareholders and communities. The words in Our Bond reflect the characteristics of honesty and integrity that we value and aspire to live by. Our word is Our Bond.
- Guide to Business Conduct: sets the principles that govern how our people should behave when conducting business on BlueScope's behalf.
- Statement of Human Rights: respecting human rights in all of the countries where we operate. This statement sets out our human rights commitments to our people, our workplaces, our communities and our suppliers. It sits alongside Our Bond and the Guide to Business Conduct in ensuring BlueScope and its people operate with integrity and respect for our partners at all times. In particular, our partnerships with suppliers are crucial in managing the social, environmental and ethical risks inherent in our global supply chains.
- Modern Slavery Statement - in accordance with requirements of the Australian Modern Slavery Act, BlueScope reports on the activities we have undertaken to identify and manage the risk that we may cause, contribute or be directly attributable to modern slavery within our operations and our supply chains.
- Responsible Sourcing Supplier Standard: ensures we have sustainable sourcing practices that create, protect and grow long-term environment, social and economic value for all those involved in bringing BlueScope’s products and services to market.
- Supplier Code of Conduct: sets out BlueScope’s minimum standards for suppliers. We expect our suppliers to meet the expectations in this Code themselves and to share these expectations with their own suppliers so that they are communicated through the supply chain.
- Industry Associations Position: our approach to engaging with and being a member of industry associations. BlueScope is an active member of various industry associations, which allows it to be better informed about public policy that has the potential to affect the Company, to share knowledge about policy, and contribute its views and experience.
We encourage our employees and other stakeholders to speak up if they become aware of or reasonably suspect that something is not right at BlueScope. Our people and external parties should refer to the following guidance to report business misconduct:
- Speak Up Policy: reflects our commitment to encourage a workplace culture in which our people and others working with us feel confident to speak up when something is not right, and to protect those who do.
- Reporting suspected business misconduct: information on how external parties can report suspected business misconduct.
Other key policies
These policies also reflect our commitment to ethical business practices: